Galvanic anodes redress the electrochemical imbalance induced through removal of contaminated concrete in patch repairs. PatchGuard Plus™ anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding steel protecting it from further corrosion damage.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Rather than the traditional approach of attaching galvanic anodes to exposed steel in the patch repair, PatchGuard Plus anodes are located within the surrounding unrepaired concrete. Protective current is delivered directly to the steel outside the patch repair which is at greatest corrosion risk as opposed to the clean steel within the patch repair.
As PatchGuard Plus is installed in unrepaired concrete, there is no compromise in the quality of the concrete repair material used in reinstatement, as is typically the case for sacrificial anodes placed within patch repairs.
- LARGER CHARGE CAPACITY than regular PatchGuard™
- Rapid installation (no additional break out)
- Economical: targeted application reduces cost
- Current delivered to where it is needed
- Suitable for all rebar size
- Quality of patch repair material not compromised
- Performance can be easily monitored
- No long term maintenance
- Cost-effective corrosion control solution
- Car parks
- Bridge decks
- Coastal structures
- Industrial Structures
- Residential High Rise
Get the whole package
Get everything you need for a complete installation of PatchGuard Plus! CPT Ltd. includes in the anode price all the ancillary material needed for PatchGuard Plus installation
- PatchGuard Plus™ Anode
- DuoCrete PG Mortar
- Plastic Cable Tie