CPT manufacture a reference electrode, MN15, which is buried in a small hole formed in the concrete surface. This can then be used to measure the steel potential either manually, using a high impedance voltmeter, using a datalogger or remotely using a cellular phone link.
The MN15 reference electrode offers significant advantages versus conventional electrodes as it is based on a manganese oxide composition:
- High surface area prevents loss of contact with host concrete
- Chloride free – no release of aggressive salts
- Excellent polarisation characteristics – stable potential when current is drawn
- Compact unit facilitates simple installation
- MN15 Reference Electrode Datasheet